For the week ended October 3, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 17.7 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 1.2% higher than last week's estimate and 4.3% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.0 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.7 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 691.1 mmst, 8.4% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For interactive graphs, click here.