For the week ended August 22, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 18.5 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 0.9% higher than last week's estimate and 6.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.5 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 11.0 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 583.1 mmst, 8.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For interactive graphs, click here.