For the week ended August 8, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 18.2 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2.9% higher than last week's estimate and 7.0% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.4 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.8 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 546.4 mmst, 8.7% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.