The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 23, 2015.
For the week ended May 23, 2015:
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.1 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 0.2% higher than last week's estimate and 15.7% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 363.8 mmst, 6.8% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For more information, click here.
Subscribe to the Power Engineering enewsletter