This transaction includes ownership interests in Duke Energy Retail Sales, the company's competitive retail business in Ohio, as well as 11 power plants — with a capacity of approximately 6,100-MW — in Ohio, Illinois and Pennsylvania. The plants are all dispatched into the PJM wholesale power market.
The power plants include:
* Conesville coal-fired station, located in Conesville, Ohio.
* Dicks Creek natural gas facility, located in Middletown, Ohio.
* Fayette natural gas energy facility, located in Masontown, Pennsylvania.
* Hanging Rock natural gas energy facility, located in Ironton, Ohio.
* Killen coal-fired station, located in Wrightsville, Ohio.
* Lee Energy natural gas facility, located in Dixon, Illinois.
* Miami Fort coal-fired station Units 7 & 8, located in North Bend, Ohio.
* Miami Fort oil station, located in North Bend, Ohio.
* Stuart coal-fired station, located in Aberdeen, Ohio.
* Washington natural gas energy facility, located in Beverly, Ohio.
* Zimmer coal-fired generating station, located in Moscow, Ohio.
The approval represents the last remaining condition to close the transaction, which is expected to close on April 2, 2015.
Subscribe to the Power Engineering enewsletter