The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended January 17, 2015.
For the week ended January 17, 2015:
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.4 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 2.5% higher than last week's estimate and 1.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 11.3 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 45.8 mmst, 1.8% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For more information, click here.
Subscribe to Power Engineering magazine