The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended January 3, 2015.
For the week ended January 3, 2015:
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 17.6 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.7% higher than last week's estimate and 2.2% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.2 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 7.6 mmst, 0.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
To see interactive graphs, click here.