Tender open for two nuclear reactors in S. Korea

South Korea Nuclear Plant Accident

Companies are vying to build two nuclear reactors at a power plant in South Korea for $1.29 billion.
 
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power opened a tender for the construction of units 5 and 6 at the Shin-Kori nuclear plant, according to Korea Herald. Many companies have shown an interest in the bid, while Hyundai E&C, Daewoo E&C, Samsung C&T, Doosan Heavy Industrial and others are looking to form consortiums.
 
Under a new bidding system, each bidder’s technical capability will count for 80 percent of the evaluation, while the big price will be the remaining 20 percent, the article said.
 
Subscribe to Nuclear Power International magazine



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...