Enel Green Power, GE subsidiaries receive $260mn for wind project

Enel Green Power North America Development EFS Buffalo Dunes GE Capital Buffalo Dunes Wind Project Kansas financing

Enel Green Power North America Development, a subsidiary of Enel Green Power, and EFS Buffalo Dunes, a GE Capital (NYSE: GE) subsidiary, signed an agreement for $260 million in funding for the 250 MW Buffalo Dunes Wind Project in Kansas in return for a tax equity agreement.

The companies signed the agreement with a syndicate led by J.P. Morgan that includes Wells Fargo Wind Holdings, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. and State Street Bank and Trust Co. The syndicate is expected to contribute funds in the fourth quarter of this year, subject to the fulfillment of requirements outlined in the agreement. At that time, the parties will sign the tax equity agreement, which will allow the syndicate to obtain a percent of the tax benefits from the project.

Currently, EFS Buffalo Dunes holds a 51 percent equity stake in the project, while Enel holds the remaining 49 percent. Enel has an option to purchase an additional 26 percent of the project specific dates in 2013 and 2014.

Read more financial news

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...