Woodside lets subsea contract for Greater Enfield project

Perth-based Woodside Energy Ltd. has let a $300-million engineering, procurement, and construction contract to Schlumberger Ltd. offshoot OneSubsea for the Greater Enfield development project.

OneSubsea will supply a subsea production system and dual multi-phase boosting system comprising six horizontal SpoolTree subsea trees, six horizontal trees for the water injection system, six multiphase meters, and a high-boost dual pump station with high-voltage motors. Also included are umbilical, topside, subsea controls and distribution, intervention and workover control systems, landing string plus installation and commissioning services.

Located in the Carnarvon Basin about 60 km off Exmouth, the project will involve development of the Laverda Canyon, Norton-over-Laverda, and Cimatti oil accumulations.

The first two are in production licence WA-59-L, while Cimatti is in WA-28-L.

The oil reserves will be developed and produced via a 31-km subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin floating production, storage, and offloading facility.

Total 2P reserves in the three accumulations are estimated to be 69 million boe. Production is scheduled to begin mid-2019.

Woodside has 60% and operatorship of the project, with Mitsui & Co. Ltd. holding the remaining 40%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...