Rawicz-15 well flows 3.6 MMscfd of gas in Poland

San Leon Energy PLC, Dublin, reported that the Rawicz-15 development well on the 742-sq-km Rawicz concession in Poland’s southern Permian basin was stimulated and flowed at an average rate of more than 3.6 MMscfd over the main flow period of several days.

The well is now shut and pressure build-up information will be analyzed, interpreted, and used to update the reservoir model, the firm says.

The Rawicz project is operated by Palomar Natural Resources LLC, Littleton, Colo., with 65% interest. Completion of testing of Rawicz-15 means that Palomar’s interest has been fully earned and future work will be funded according to participating interests. San Leon holds the remaining 35% of the concession.

Field development continues to progress and Palomar is finalizing a full development plan to be submitted to the Polish government for approval. Pipeline, facility, and final project engineering are nearly complete, while all required permits, rights-of-way and regulatory approvals are being obtained.

Gas off-take agreements are being negotiated with several groups. The operator’s development plan now envisages at least three wells available for first production, including Rawicz-12 and Rawicz-15, now expected in early 2017.

A competent persons report (CPR) from Ryder Scott Co. in 2015 estimated gross proved plus probable reserves from Rawicz gas field of 50.3 bcf based upon a five-well development plan (OGJ Online, May 19, 2015).

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...