Malaysian firm to buy Lundin’s Bertam FPSO

M3nergy Investment Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of M3nergy Bhd. of Malaysia, has agreed to acquire the Bertam floating production, storage, and offloading vessel from Lundin Petroleum AB for $265 million.

The two firms entered an agreement under which M3nergy will buy the 100% issued share capital of Lundin Services Ltd., owner of the FPSO. The deal is expected to close during the first quarter.

An integrated service provider to the oil and gas industry in Southeast Asia, M3nergy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sabah Development Bank Bhd. in Malaysia, which is in turn wholly owned by the Ministry of Finance of the State of Sabah, part of the Federation of Malaysia.

Alex Schneiter, Lundin’s president and chief executive officer, explained the move from his company’s perspective, “Owning infrastructure assets is not part of Lundin Petroleum’s core strategy and this transaction will allow us to redeploy this capital into other areas of our business to fund our value driven growth.”

Lundin in 2015 completed an extensive upgrade and life extension program on the FPSO, which has been operating since last spring’s production startup from Bertam field on Block PM307 offshore peninsular Malaysia (OGJ Online, Apr. 14, 2015).

Lundin operates Bertam field with 75% working interest. Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holds the remaining 25%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...