Lundin resumes exploration drilling in Malaysia

Lundin Malaysia BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lundin Petroleum AB, has spud its Mengkuang-1 exploration well on offshore Block PM307, targeting hydrocarbons in Miocene aged sands 75 km northwest of Bertam field.

Mengkuang-1 will be drilled by the West Prospero jack up rig over a period of 30 days to a total depth of 1,300 m below mean sea level. Lundin last year tested the Tembakau-2 appraisal well on Block PM307 (OGJ Online, Aug. 6, 2014).

Lundin Malaysia holds 75% interest in PM307, and Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holds the remaining 25%. Lundin operates six blocks in Malaysia, namely PM307, PM319, PM308A, PM308B, PM328, and SB307/308 (OGJ Online, Sept. 25, 2014).

Production from Bertram field began earlier this year (OGJ Online, June 3, 2011; Apr. 14, 2015).

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...