Guendalina well offshore Italy to be completed as producer

Rockhopper Exploration PLC reported that the sidetrack well drilled at Guendalina gas field in the Adriatic Sea has successfully reached its target depth of 3,276 m.

Wireline logging confirmed that all target levels are natural gas-bearing, and have been encountered slightly higher to prognosis in an updip position with good reservoir characteristics and an additional deeper gas level.

The well is now being completed as a producer with output expected in late October. Eni SPA, which operates the well offshore eastern Italy with 80% interest, started production from the field in 2011 (OGJ Online, Oct. 27, 2011). Rockhopper holds the remaining 20% interest in the well.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...