Petronas starts production from Bukit Tua field off East Java

Petronas reported startup of production from Bukit Tua field, and expects peak production to reach 20,000 b/d and 50 MMscfd (OGJ Online, Dec. 17, 2013).

In its initial production phase, rates are expected to be 3,700 b/d and 2 MMscfd.

The field lies on Ketapang block about 110 km offshore East Java. Petronas said gas will be transported through a subsea pipeline to an onshore receiving facility in Gresik, East Java, while oil will be offloaded to carriers for export from the Ratu Nusantara floating production, storage, and offloading facility.

Ketapang block is operated and 80% owned by PC Ketapang II Ltd., the Indonesian subsidiary of Malaysia’s Petronas. The remaining 20% is held by state-owned Perusahaan Gas Negara through subsidiary PT Saka Ketapang Perdana.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...

Reduce Engineering Project Complexity

Engineering document management presents unique and complex challenges. A solution based in Enter...

Revolutionizing Asset Management in the Electric Power Industry

With the arrival of the Industrial Internet of Things, data is growing and becoming more accessib...