Petrobras tallies discoveries in Espirito Santo, Amazon basins

Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) has made separate oil and gas discoveries in the Espirito Santo and Amazon basins.

In Espirito Santo, an onshore oil accumulation was found 711 m beneath the surface while drilling wildcat well 1-BRSA-1302-ES, known as Guayacan, to a depth of 1,312 m. The well, drilled 120 km from the city of Vitoria, comprises the Tabebuia discovery evaluation plan.

Petrobras operates exploratory block ES-T-495 with 100% interest.

In the Amazon, an oil and gas accumulation was found while drilling well 1-BRSA-1293-AM, known as Jusante do Aneba, to a depth of 2,040 m. Initial tests confirmed the presence of light oil of 47° gravity and gas in sandstone at depths of 1,350-1,900 m.

Petrobras operates Block PM-T-84 with 60% interest in partnership with Petrogal Brazil, which holds the remaining 40%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...