Petrobras confirms extent of discovery, finds Farfan area reservoir

The drilling of a third extension well in the Farfan area in the ultradeepwater Sergipe basin confirmed the extent of the 2013 light oil and gas discovery, Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) reported on Feb. 2. The presence of a shallower, 68-m reservoir holding light oil was found as well.

Well 3-SES-186 was drilled 103 km from the city of Aracaju, Brazil, and 10 km from the discovery well in 2,467 m of water. The well will be drilled to 6,060 m.

This accumulation is part of the exploratory project in the deepwater Sergipe-Alagoas basin.

Petrobras operates the consortium with 60% interest in partnership with IBV-Brazil, which holds the remaining 40%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...