Petrobras extension well confirms Sergipe-Alagoas basin gas potential

Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) encountered gas while drilling extension well 3-BRSA-1022-SES (3-SES-181) on concession BM-SEAL-4 in the Poco Verde area of the ultradeepwater Sergipe-Alagoas basin.

The company says reservoirs in the Poco Verde 1 well, which lies 58 km off Aracaju in 2,196 m of water, demonstrate good porosity characteristics, confirming project expectations.

The Poco Verde accumulation is being explored as part of the Sergipe-Alagoas basin deepwater development program. Last month, Petrobras proved the extension of a gas and light oil discovery on BM-SEAL-10 in Sergipe-Alagoas (OGJ Online, Aug. 22, 2014).

Petrobras operates the BM-SEAL-4 concession with 75% interest, partnering with India’s ONGC Videsh Ltd., which holds the remaining 25% (OGJ Online, June 5, 2007). The companies will move forward with plans for the area.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...