Lundin drills, tests Tembakau appraisal well offshore Malaysia

Lundin Petroleum AB has successfully drilled and tested the Tembakau-2 appraisal well on Block PM307 offshore Malaysia, marking the completion of the company’s first well in its 2014 Malaysian drilling campaign.

The West Prospero jack up rig drilled the well to a depth of 1,450 m in 68 m of water, targeting stacked gas reservoirs in Miocene-aged sands in a large, low-relief, structure discovered by the Tembakau-1 well in late 2012 (OGJ Online, Nov. 21, 2012).

Tembakau-2 is 3.7 km to the south of the discovery well and penetrated 22 m of gross gas sands in four sand intervals between 900 m and 1300 m subsea. The main two reservoirs penetrated were fully cored and the well was comprehensively logged.

The reservoir deliverability was measured through production testing. The I20 sand produced at stabilized flow rate of 15.8 MMscfd of gas over an 8-hr period on a 64/64-in. choke, and the I10 sand produced at stabilized flow rate of 15.9 MMscfd of gas over an 8-hr period on a 72/64-in. choke.

Each perforated interval was 3 m. The gas produced is dry with 0.5% carbon dioxide. Multiple samples were obtained for further laboratory analysis. Lundin says the data will be analyzed and integrated with 3D seismic information to update the current gross contingent resource estimate of gas and to provide reservoir information for conceptual development studies.

Lundin has plugged and abandoned the well and the West Prospero rig has moved to the Bertam oil field well head platform location, also in PM307, to commence development drilling (OGJ Online, Oct. 10, 2013).

Lundin Malaysia BV holds 75% interest in PM307, and Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. is partner with the remaining 25%. Lundin Malaysia BV operates seven blocks in Malaysia, including PM307, PM308A, PM308B, PM319, SB303, and SB307/308.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...