Total transfers 20% interest and operatorship of Kharyaga to Zarubezhneft

Total and Zarubezhneft have agreed to adjust their participation in the Kharyaga production sharing agreement (PSA) whereby Total will transfer a 20% interest together with operatorship to Zarubezhneft. Following the completion of the transaction, Total will retain a 20% interest in Kharyaga alongside Zarubezhneft (40%, operator), Statoil (30%), and Nenets Oil Co. (10%). The transaction is subject to the approval of the Russian authorities.

The Kharyaga PSA involves the development of objects 2 and 3 of the Kharyaga oil field in the Nenets Autonomous District, with production of 30,000 barrels of oil per day. The project features complex geology, heterogeneous carbonate reservoirs, waxy oil, and a high content of hydrogen sulfide in associated gas. Since its startup in 1999, the project has produced a cumulative 15 million tonnes of oil and generated $3 billion for Russia.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...