Santos Ltd. says that its GLNG project in Queensland, Australia, is approaching 95% completion and that it is expected to produce first liquefied natural gas (LNG) around the end of the third quarter of this year.
Progress on the GLNG project includes:
- Construction completed for all major gas field processing facilities
- Completion of 261-mile (420-kilometer) pipeline, including a 2.6-mile (4.3-kilometer) undersea pipeline tunnel
- Installation of all 111 modules that make up its two LNG processing trains
- Hydrotesting of both LNG storage tanks
- Construction completed of the project’s LNG loading jetty
- Introduction of first gas into the plant and lighting of the flare
- Successful firing of the first two gas turbine generators
Previous guidance for first LNG was in the second half of this year. The project is progressing on time and within its $18.5 billion budget.