As determined by you, our readers, the content below was deemed 2014's most compelling based on page views for the year.
Top 5 print articles from 2014
- Reserve based finance
Part 1 of a four-part article examining the evolution, practices and future of the reserve based finance markets in the US and internationally.
- Deepwater spend forecast to surge from 2016
Key findings from Douglas-Westwood's World Deepwater Market Forecast 2014-2018.
- Energy banking sector is robust
An introduction to the energy banking special section that ran in the March issue, written by OGFJ chief editor Don Stowers
- Permian becoming largest US tight oil play
Rystad Energy talks tight oil production, spending growth in the Permian and how they could surpass the Eagle Ford and Bakken.
- OGFJ100P private company update – July
GeoSouthern gives up its previous spot as the No. 1 privately-held liquids producer to Hilcorp Energy Co. after the list catches up to the company's November 2013 $6 billion monetization of a substantial portion of its Eagle Ford production to Devon Energy.
Top 5 online articles from 2014
- Fiscal break-even oil prices for major OPEC members
- ConocoPhillips CEO on shale boom: We've only scratched the surface
- East Africa oil and gas outlook: Global export hub by 2020
- UAS in the petroleum industry and the benefits of the technology
- How the US shale gas boom benefits Asian LNG importers
Thank you for your support of OGFJ in 2014. We look forward to bringing you even more compelling and informative content in 2015!