Update on San Leon Energy operations in Poland

San Leon Energy is extending its licenses to explore for shale gas in northern Poland, according to the Associated Press, as results from its three vertical wells near the Baltic Sea coast encouraged the company to seek an extension to its licenses in the area. San Leon expects to complete its license renewals next year.

San Leon has also announced the Nov. 23 spud of the Rawicz-12 appraisal well on the 742-square-kilometer Rawicz concession in Poland’s southern Permian Basin.

The well, which is operated by Palomar Natural Resources (PNR), is targeting the previously discovered Rawicz gas accumulation in the Permian Rotliegendes sandstones. The well is estimated to take 45 days to reach a total depth of 1,900 meters and is being drilled by Poland’s Exalo Drilling. A full testing program is planned immediately after drilling and completion of the well, assuming positive results.

PNR holds 65% and is operator of the concession, with San Leon holding the remaining 35%.

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...