Denver, CO-based Emerald Oil Inc. (NYSE MKT: EOX) has entered into two separate definitive purchase and sale agreements with two unrelated sellers to acquire additional core Bakken and Three Forks producing properties and undeveloped leasehold in McKenzie and Williams Counties, North Dakota. The total purchase price for the asset packages is $74.6 million in cash. Upon closing, Emerald's total Williston Basin leasehold will increase to approximately 85,000 net acres.
- Approximately 20,800 net acres, including approximately 19,500 net acres highly contiguous to Emerald's Low Rider operating area in McKenzie County, North Dakota;
- Approximately 350 BOE/D of estimated current net production;
- 19 operated Drilling Spacing Units (DSUs);17 DSUs in Low Rider and 2 DSUs in Easy Rider;
- Approximately 62% of acreage is held by production and;
- Upon closing, Emerald's total Williston Basin leasehold will increase to approximately 85,000 net acres (75% operated).
The company will fund approximately 50% of the acquisition costs through borrowings under its undrawn revolving credit facility and the remainder utilizing cash on hand. Emerald ended the year with approximately $140 million of cash and $75 million of undrawn borrowing base under its revolving credit facility.
McAndrew Rudisill, Emerald's CEO, said, "The two acquisitions follow Emerald's strategy of identifying and acquiring contiguous leasehold in our immediate operating areas. This additional acreage expands Emerald's presence in our Low Rider and Lewis & Clark focus areas of McKenzie County, ND where we have seen strong production growth as a result of our successful operated well program. The proposed acquisitions are immediately accretive on all per share metrics. Emerald remains well positioned to execute on our previously announced 2014 capital spending program and will be giving updated guidance upon close, which currently is scheduled for February 13, 2014. On a separate note, although the Williston Basin experienced extreme cold during December 2013, Emerald is comfortable with its previously announced Q42013 average daily production guidance of 2,300 BOE/D and exit rate of 2,400 BOE/D."