Enterprise, Western Gas form JV for ownership of NGL fractionation trains

Enterprise Products Partners LP

Enterprise Products Partners LP announced June 12 that it has entered into a joint venture (JV) with Western Gas Partners LP, to own natural gas liquid (NGL) fractionation trains 7 and 8, which are currently under construction at Enterprise’s complex in Mont Belvieu, Texas. Western Gas has acquired a 25% minority ownership interest in the JV, and Enterprise retains the remaining 75% ownership interest. Trains 7 and 8 have a design capacity to fractionate approximately 170,000 barrels per day (BPD) of NGL, and are expected to begin commercial operations in the fourth quarter of 2013.

Enterprise Products Partners LP is a North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of onshore and offshore pipelines; 200 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.

Western Gas Partners LP, is a Delaware master limited partnership formed by Anadarko Petroleum Corp. to own, operate, acquire and develop midstream energy assets. With midstream assets in East, West and South Texas, the Rocky Mountains, North-Central Pennsylvania and the US Mid-Continent areas, Western Gas Partners is engaged in the business of gathering, processing, compressing, treating and transporting natural gas, condensate, natural gas liquids and crude oil for Anadarko and other producers and customers.

“We are pleased to partner with Western Gas Partners on NGL fractionation trains 7 and 8,” said Enterprise CEO Michael A. Creel. “This is the third midstream energy infrastructure project in which we have partnered with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and its affiliates. Anadarko is a strategic partner that has made significant volume dedications to our facilities, including NGLs to our fractionation complex at Mont Belvieu.”



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...