The Houston-based Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund Inc. [NYSE: KYE] has provided a summary unaudited statement of assets and liabilities and announced its net asset value and asset coverage ratios under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
As of Dec. 31, 2012, the fund’s net assets were $868 million, and its net asset value per share was $24.47. As of Dec. 31, the fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to senior securities representing indebtedness was 460%, and the fund’s asset coverage ratio under the 1940 Act with respect to total leverage (debt and preferred stock) was 320%.
|The fund had 35.47 million common shares outstanding as of Dec. 31.|
As of Dec. 31, equity and debt investments were 87% and 13%, respectively, of the fund’s long-term investments of $1.3 billion. Long-term investments were comprised of MLP and MLP Affiliate (48%), US and Canadian Upstream Income Trusts (10%), Marine Transportation & Other (16%), Coal (1%), Midstream & Utilities (12%) and Debt (13%).
The fund’s 10 largest holdings by issuer at Dec. 31 were:
· Kinder Morgan Management LLC (MLP Affiliate)
· Enbridge Energy Management LLC (MLP Affiliate)
· Plains All American Pipeline LP (Midstream MLP)
· Golar LNG Partners (Marine Transportation)
· Teekay Offshore Partners LP (Marine Transportation)
· Capital Product Partners LP (Marine Transportation)
· The Williams Companies Inc. (Midstream)
· Kinder Morgan Inc. (Midstream)
· Navios Maritime Partners LP (Marine Transportation)
· Regency Energy Partners LP (Midstream MLP)