CNOOC starts up new wells at Penglai oil field

Offshore staff

HONG KONGCNOOC has started production from the Penglai 19-9 comprehensive adjustment project in the Bohai area offshore China.

The Penglai 19-9 oil field is in an average water depth of around 30 m (98.4 ft). The adjustment project involved adding one new wellhead platform, tied into the existing facilities.

CNOOC plans to drill 57 production wells: two are currently in service, producing roughly 750 b/d of crude oil.

The adjustment project should reach peak production of around 13,000 b/d during 2019.

CNOOC Ltd. has 51% operated interest in Penglai 19-9 oil field, in partnership with ConocoPhillips China that holds the remaining 49% working interest.

01/12/2017

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...