READING, UK – GMC has won two further caisson fabrication contracts from North Sea operators.
These involve use of the company’s multi-tooth connector, specifically designed for replacement caisson applications.
The company claims its offshore handling and installation method offers numerous advantages, namely:
- Eliminates offshore caisson welding
- Safe and efficient fabrication and installation methodology
- Reduces installation time to a minimum
- Cost-effective solution compared with conventional installation methods.
- Extends the life of aging assets.
GMC expects to mobilize a full offshore installation package including all tools, hydraulic power packs, and personnel during 1Q 2017.