Aker Solutions closes Brazilian acquisition

Offshore staff

FORNEBU, NorwayAker Solutions has completed its acquisition of the majority stake of Brazil’s C.S.E. Mecânica e Instrumentação Ltda.

The company announced plans to acquire a 70% stake of the company in October. The agreement includes an option for Aker Solutions to purchase the remaining 30% of the company three years from now.

Aker Solutions said that the acquisition gives it access to Brazil’s growing market for servicing existing oil and gas fields, and allows it to build on a strategy to expand its services business in key international markets.

C.S.E., which had revenue of BRL 322 million ($94 million) in 2015, provides maintenance, assembly, commissioning, and crane operation services at offshore and onshore facilities.

12/07/2016

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...