Eni aims for fasttrack growth from Nooros field offshore Egypt

Offshore staff

SAN DONATO MILANESE, Italy – Eni has increased production from its Nooros field just offshore northern Egypt to 65,000 boe/d.

This follows the start of production of the Nidoco North 1X exploration well and the Nidoco North West 4 development well, both drilled under the sea from the onshore Abu Madi West concession in the Nile Delta.

Eni only discovered Nooros last July. The company’s next target is to ramp up production to 140,000 boe/d by the end of 2016 through drilling of additional wells and facility optimization.

Produced gas and condensates are sent to the Abu Madi treatment plant, about 25 km (15.5 mi) from the discovery, then routed to the Egyptian network.

At the same time, the company plans to continue exploration activities in the license area, where it has identified further potential.

Eni has a 75% stake in the concession via its subsidiary IEOC, BP holding the remaining 25%. Petrobel, a joint venture between IEOC and Egyptian General Petroleum Corp., is leading operations.

05/12/2016

Share your news with Offshore at news@offshore-mag.com

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...