The project involves re-developing the Schiehallion and Loyal fields, extending production to 2035 and possibly beyond.
Aside from connecting and commissioning the new FPSO, the scope includes drilling new production and injection wells and upgrading the subsea pipeline, manifold, and wellhead infrastructure.
Schiehallion and Loyal have produced nearly 400 MMbbl of oil since production started in 1998. Quad 204 is designed to access the remaining estimated 450 MMbbl.
Glen Lyon is 270 m (886 ft) long and 52 m (170 ft) wide. It will be able to process and export up to 130,000 b/d of oil and to store up to 800,000 bbl.
BP operates the project, in partnership with Shell and OMV.
Other recent contract awards for Quad 204 include:
- £27 million ($41 million) to Amec Foster Wheeler for FPSO hook-up and commissioning support
- £6 million ($9.1 million) to Emerson Process Management for commissioning and support for an integrated controls safety system
- £2.9 million ($4.4 million) to Cape for the provision of scaffolding services
- £2.6 million (43.9 million) to Enermech for winch engineering and associated operations and materials
- £2.5 million ($3.8 million) to Amec Foster Wheeler for FPSO follow-on engineering
- £2 million ($3 million) to qedi for provision of electrical and instrumentation technicians
- £0.25 million ($0.38 million) to Asco for warehousing
- £0.2 million ($0.3 million) to Oceaneering for umbilical hook-up and commissioning.
Share your news with Offshore at email@example.com