The Newfoundland concessions, covering a total of 14,670 sq km (5,664 sq mi), are close to the Statoil-operated Bay du Nord discovery. Statoil will operate five licenses and participate in the other.
The awards are as follows:
- NL15-01-02: Chevron 35% (operator); Statoil 35%; BG 30%
- NL15-01-05: Statoil: 40%; Exxon Mobil 35%; BG 25%
- NL15-01-06 Statoil 34%; Exxon Mobil 33%; BP 33%
- NL15-01-07: Statoil 34%; Exxon Mobil 33%; BP 33%
- NL15-01-08: Statoil 50%; BP 50%
- NL15-01-09: Statoil 100%.
The licences off Nova Scotia (NS15-1 Parcels 1 and 2) cover a total area of 6,500 sq km (2,509 sq mi) and are roughly 250 km (155 mi) from Halifax.
Statoil is currently engaged in an 18-month exploration drilling program in the Flemish Pass, designed to appraise Bay du Nord and to test new prospects in the greater basin area.
Share your news with Offshore at firstname.lastname@example.org