Eni expands production from Nooros offshore Egypt

Offshore staff

SAN DONATO MILANES, ItalyEni has issued more details of its recent fasttrack Nooros development in the shallow-water Nile Delta offshore Egypt.

In July, the company discovered gas with its Nidoco North West 2 well, drilled from an onshore location to reach the deviated offshore Nooros reservoir.

Eni followed up with the successful Nidoco NW 3 appraisal well, also drilled from onshore. This encountered a 65-m (213-ft) thick gas-bearing sandstone layer of Messianian age with good petrophysical properties.

The field has an estimated 15 bcm (530 bcf) of in-place gas, and associated condensates. Eni started production in September – currently Nooros is producing more than 15,000 boe/d, but this should double to 30,000 boe/d once a new well comes online at the end of November, building to a plateau of 70,000 boe/d during the first half of 2016.

Gas and condensates are sent to the Abu Madi treatment plant, 25 km (15.5 mi) from the discovery, then routed in the Egyptian network.

Eni plans to drill three more exploration wells in the license area.

The company, via its subsidiary IEOC, has a 75% stake in the surrounding Abu Madi West license: BP holds the remaining 25%. The operator is Petrobel, a joint venture between IEOC and state-owned Egyptian General Petroleum Corp.

11/02/2015

 

Share your news with Offshore at news@offshore-mag.com

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...