NEW ORLEANS – BOEM has published a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for proposed Gulf of Mexico Western Planning Area Lease Sale 248.
The BOEM is proposing to offer approximately 22 million acres for oil and gas leasing in the WPA, with the exception of whole and partial blocks within the boundary of the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary.
The sale is proposed to be held in 2016.
BOEM is asking for comments regarding the Draft Supplemental EIS, and has scheduled public meetings as follows:
- Houston, Texas: Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2015, Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Bush Intercontinental Airport, 15400 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77032, beginning at 1:00 p.m. CDT
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2015, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, 1201 Elmwood Park Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana 70123, beginning at 1:00 p.m. CDT.
Interested parties may also comment by mail or online, no later than Oct. 19, 2015, in one of the following ways:
- In an envelope labeled “Comments on the Draft WPA 248 Supplemental EIS” to Mr. Gary D. Goeke, Chief, Environmental Assessment Section, Office of Environment (GM 623E), Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Gulf of Mexico OCS Region, 1201 Elmwood Park Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana 70123-2394
- Through the regulations.gov web portal: Navigate to http://www.regulations.gov and search for “Oil and Gas Lease Sales: Gulf of Mexico, Outer Continental Shelf; Western Planning Area Lease Sale 248”.
- BOEM email address: email@example.com.
The Public Review page on the BOEM website is also available at http://www.boem.gov/nepaprocess/ for details on how to submit comments and to download or view the Draft Supplemental EIS.