Northernmost offshore oil field set to start producing

Offshore staff

OSLO, Norway
– Eni says it plans to start producing oil soon from Norway’s first Arctic development.

Goliat is 50 km (31 mi) southeast of Snohvit field and, Eni said, will be the northernmost producing offshore oil field. Oil will go into a floating production platform for export via shuttle tankers. Associated gas will be reinjected.

The project costs went to 46.7 billion crowns ($5.62 billion) from an original estimate of around 30 billion crowns in 2009.

Operator Eni has a 65% share of the field, while partner Statoil holds the remaining 35%.

08/20/2015



Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...