A Staff Report
HOUSTON – Airbus Helicopters performed a demonstration of its Airbus H175 helicopter, designed for offshore transportation, to the oil and gas community in Houston March 25, 2015.
The demonstration included complimentary flights over the Houston area for industry representatives and select members of the oil gas trade publication community, including Offshore.
The Airbus H175 helicopter is a 16-18 passenger “super medium,” long range helicopter designed specifically for offshore oil and gas exploration and production. The first two aircraft are now in service with NHV in the North Sea.
Other key technical features include:
- Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney PT6C-67E with dual channel FADEC
- Recommended cruise speed: 150 kts
- Max cruise speed: 160 kts
- The H175 provides the best payload range per passenger/radius-of-action in the medium-class helicopter range, says Airbus.
The company says that to date, the H175 has:
- Completed more than 4,000 flight hours
- Transported more than 3,000 passengers
- Nearly 90% availability rates – performing better than expected for a newly-introduced rotorcraft.