SCHIEDAM, the Netherlands – Jumbo has completed the subsea installation of a replacement MEG riser at the FA platform on the Ikhwezi project offshore South Africa for PetroSA.
Jumbo used its Fairplayer DP-2 heavy-lift crane vessel on the installation.
Jumbo’s scope of work included:
- All installation engineering
- Mobilization to South Africa
- Load-out of 3-in. flexible MEG riser and protection/stabilization mattresses
- Pre-survey and preparations at the FA platform
- Installation (J-tube pull-in), protection and stabilization of the MEG riser
- “As built” post installation survey.