Ambilobe seismic survey to start soon offshore Madagascar

Offshore staff

LONDON – Sterling Energy (AIM: SEY) has issued an update on activities in its Ambilobe and Ampasindava blocks offshore Madagascar.

The company and its partners received ministerial and presidential approval last October to extend the current phase of both production-sharing contracts (PSCs) to July 2016.

These approvals have now been formally published in the Official Gazette of Madagascar, the final step in the approval process.

The Ambilobe PSC, awarded in 2004, is in Phase 2 of the exploration period. All minimum work commitments have been completed for the current phase.

Sterling operates in partnership with Pura Vida Mauritius. Planning continues for a 3D seismic program which is expected to start next month.

The Ampasindava PSC, awarded in 2004, is in Phase 3 of the exploration period. Here ExxonMobil has a 70% operated interest, with Sterling holding the remaining 30%.  

Sterling’s executive chairman Alastair Beardsall, said: “Work continues on understanding the subsurface potential of these two very large, undrilled exploration areas.’’

02/16/2015

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...

Maximizing Operational Excellence

In a recent survey conducted by PennEnergy Research, 70% of surveyed energy industry professional...

Leveraging the Power of Information in the Energy Industry

Information Governance is about more than compliance. It’s about using your information to drive ...