CNOOC, KUFPEC team up for exploration offshore China

Offshore staff

HONG KONG – China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC) has signed three production-sharing contracts with KUFPEC (China) for blocks 52/22, 52/26, and 63/13 in the South China Sea.

All are in the Yinggehai basin. Water depths range from 60-300 m (197-984 ft).

CNOOC will operate the blocks and will contribute 20% of exploration expenditures, which will include 3D seismic data surveys and drilling. KUFPEC will pay the remaining 80%.

12/10/2014

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...