GALVESTON, Texas – Redline Communications is showcasing its Redline Virtual Fiber on the exhibition floor of the Deepwater Operations Conference & Exhibition being held at the Moody Gardens Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, from Nov. 4-6.
The company says that virtual fiber is a powerful private wireless network that brings always-on, high-speed, high-capacity IP connectivity to an operator’s entire oil field operation.
Redline officials say that in offshore operations, the digital oil field depends on always-on connectivity between all devices and people across the oil field; and to that end, the virtual fiber network offers:
- Capacity to move even the biggest “big data”
- Security needed for real-time SCADA and other automation systems
- Portability desired by mobile workforces and drilling operations
- Power to cover hundreds of miles with a single network
- Reliability to keep working regardless of conditions.
Applications for offshore operations include:
- Auto-acquire for vessels and floating platforms
- High-speed access to core network
- Simultaneous data, voice and video
- High-performance real-time data.