EPCIC contract awarded for Nong Yao oil development

Offshore staff

SINGAPORE – KrisEnergy Ltd. reports that operator Mubadala Petroleum has awarded the contract for engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning of the production and processing facilities at the Nong Yao oil development in block G11/48 in the Gulf of Thailand to Nippon Steel and Sumikin Engineering Co. Ltd. (NSSE).

The development concept for the initial phase of the Nong Yao field comprises 23 wells, a wellhead processing platform, and a minimum facility wellhead platform with the export of crude oil via a FSO vessel. The production capacity will be up to 15,000 b/d of oil and 30,000 b/d of fluid. First oil is anticipated in 1H 2015.

KrisEnergy holds a 25% working interest in G11/48, and Mubadala Petroleum has the remaining 75%. G11/48 covers 6,791 sq km (2,622 sq mi) over the southern margin of the Pattani basin and the northwest margin of the Malay basin in water depths of up to 75 m (246 ft).


Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...