HOUSTON – The semisubmersible Transocean Prospect has been mobilized to the Rochelle field in the UK central North Sea to complete drilling of an East Rochelle development well.
After a short anchoring and set up process, the rig will start final drilling and completion. Operations were suspended in November to allow for completion of the subsea installation.
According to operator Endeavour International, the following are complete:
• The Rochelle drill center manifolds installed and piled to the seabed
• A subsea isolation valve installed within the host Scott field platform’s 500-m (1,640-ft) safety zone
• The 38-km (23.6-mi) Rochelle pipeline system (East and West) installed, trenched, backfilled, and rock dumped
• The East and West pipeline system de-watered with nitrogen back to the Scott platform and readied to accept first hydrocarbons once final drilling, well tie-in, and pre-commissioning operations are completed
• All subsea hydraulic, electric, and chemical injection umbilical tie-ins completed.
• The umbilical has been connected to the Scott topsides umbilical termination unit, and all lines have been successfully tested point to point.
The Rochelle development spans blocks 15/26b, 15/26c, and 15/27.