Total reports deepwater GoM oil discovery at North Platte

Offshore staff

PARIS – Total has a Lower Tertiary oil discovery in deepwater Gulf of Mexico block 959 on Garden Banks at the North Platte prospect.

North Platte is in a water depth of 4,400 ft (1,340 m) and was drilled to a TD of 34,500 ft (10,520 m).  Total says it found “several hundred feet” of net oil pay in several intervals. The company continued to say the well confirms the northern extension of the Wilcox formation and the presence of liquid hydrocarbons.

Total holds a 40% interest in North Platte. Cobalt, the operator, holds the remaining 60%.

12/05/2012

 

North Platte oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...