Technip to install junction platform, pipelines for Discovery offshore GoM

Offshore staff

PARIS – Technip (PARIS:TEC) has won a contract to install Discovery’s South Timbalier block 283 Junction Platform. Technip will perform the project management, engineering, transporting, installing, and pre-commissioning.

The pipeline will go between existing facilities in South Timbalier 280 and Ewing Bank 873 and the new block 283 platform. It includes 15.8 km of 12-in. pipe and 13.9 km of 30-in. pipe. Water depths range from 83 to 244 m (272 to 800 ft).

Installation is scheduled for 2013 using the G1200 as the primary vessel.

“This award is the largest-diameter pipelay contract for Technip in the Gulf of Mexico, thanks to the acquisition of Global Industries,” said David Dickson, Technip SVP, North America. “This 30-in. pipeline will also be the largest diameter lines installed by the G1200 vessel to date.”

Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ) owns 60% of the Discovery System and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:DPM) owns the other 40%.

For more offshore United States and GoM news, click here.

12/18/2012

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...