WELLINGTON, New Zealand – New Zealand Petroleum & Minerals has closed Block Offer 2012 and awarded 10 exploration permits, five of them offshore. The work associated with exploration on the permits is valued at $82 million, and could reach $776 million if the permits run the full five years.
Permit winners are as follows:
1. 54858 on block 12PEG1 in Pegasus basin to Anadarko New Zealand Co.
2. 54861 on block 12PEG2 in Pegasus basin to Anadarko New Zealand Co.
3. 54863 on block 12GS2 in Great South basin to Shell GSB Ltd., OMV New Zealand Ltd., and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd.
4. 54865 on block 12TAR9 in Taranaki basin to Todd Exploration Ltd. And Cue Taranaki Pty Ltd.
5. 54857 on block 12TAR8 in Taranaki basin to NZOG Canterbury Ltd.