VIENNA, Austria – OMV (UK) has been awarded 16 exploration blocks and part-blocks in five licenses under the 27th UK offshore licensing round.
All the permits are in OMV’s core area west of Shetlands. The company will operate two, and the remainder will be operated by Dana Petroleum, Nexen, and Statoil.
The awards are as follows:
- Blocks 205/15, 205/20, 206/11c – Nexen (operator), OMV
- Blocks 213/5, 214/1, 215/30, 216/26, 216/27 - OMV (operator), E.ON, JX Nippon
- Block 213/26a – Statoil (operator), DONG, OMV
- Block 214/4c – OMV (operator), E.ON, JX Nippon
- Blocks 217/22, 217/23, 217/24, 217/25, 217/29, 217/30 – Dana (operator), OMV.
Xcite Energy was awarded licenses in the northern North Sea near its Bentley heavy oil development project.
These cover blocks 9/4 (part), 9/8b and 9/9f (split). The company says all three could add significant value to a Bentley hub development concept.