OGX plans shallow water wells offshore Brazil

Offshore staff

RIO DE JANEIRO -- OGX has environmental authorization from IBAMA (Brazilian Institute for Environment and Renewable Natural Resources) to start drilling in the BM-C-37 and BM-C-38 blocks in the Campos basin.

"The environmental authorization for drilling in these blocks will enable us to proceed with the exploratory campaign in a region that today we consider very promising, with several prospects already identified," said Luiz Carneiro, CEO of OGX.

In March OGX acquired an additional 20% stake in these shallow-water blocks from partner Maersk Oil, in the process becoming operator. OGX now has a 70% interest, with Maersk Oil holding the remaining 30%.

The company has allocated two rigs to proceed with the drilling of exploration and appraisal wells.

10/8/2012

 

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...