Kuwait Energy records oil discovery offshore Egypt

Offshore staff

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait – Kuwait Energy has an oil discovery offshore Egypt in the Gulf of Suez. The Ahmad 2 well in Area A license flowed at a rate of 1,300 b/d of oil from the Rudeis formation.

This is the first oil found in Shukheir North West field Ahmad area, said Kuwait Energy, and follows the Ahman 1X discovery earlier this year.

Kuwait Energy holds a 70% working interest in the license, and the remaining 30% is held by Petrogas E&P of Oman.

10/16/2012

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...