Sterling extends hydrocarbons search in Cladhan area offshore UK

Offshore staff

ABERDEEN, UK – The semisubmersible Sedco 704 has started drilling the Cladhan South exploration prospect in block 210/29c in the UK northern North Sea.

According to partner Valiant Petroleum, Cladhan South is an Upper Jurassic channelized sand play immediately south of the existing Cladhan discovery, operated by Sterling Resources, with prospective resources estimated at 13 MMboe.

Drilling should take 35-40 days to complete.

TAQA Bratani has completed acquisition of a 16.6% interest in Cladhan in blocks 210/29a and 210/30a from another partner, Premier Oil. TAQA has also acquired a 10% stake from Dyas UK interest in the same blocks, lifting its total interest in the license to 26.6%. 

Leo Koot, managing director, said: “The Cladhan field lies 17.5 km (11 mi) southwest of the TAQA-operated Tern platform and is a significant potential new field development in the area.

“Whereas the majority of our existing portfolio is based on mature fields, the Cladhan field is a relatively new discovery,” said Koot.


Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now


Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...