OGX takes control of Campos basin blocks offshore Brazil

Offshore staff

RIO DE JANEIRO – OGX has acquired an additional 20% stake from partner Maersk Oil in two shallow water blocks in the Campos basin.

The company now holds 70% of blocks BM-C-37 and BM-C-38, and will become operator. Maersk retains the remaining 30%.

Paulo Mendonça, general executive and exploration officer of OGX, said: “As operator of these two blocks, we will intensify the drilling campaign, focusing on the appraisal of the existing discoveries as well as the drilling of new wildcat wells.”

The company plans to drill six wells on the blocks BM-C-37 and BM-C-38, both to appraise potential extensions of discovered accumulations and to test new prospects in the area.

OGX now operates seven exploratory blocks in the Campos basin with a total area of 1,177 sq km (454 sq mi). Earlier this year the company brought onstream its first operated project in the region, Waimea in block BM-C-41.

3/20/2012

Did You Like this Article? Get All the Energy Industry News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to an email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Whitepapers

Logistics Risk Management in the Transformer Industry

Transformers often are shipped thousands of miles, involving multiple handoffs,and more than a do...

Secrets of Barco UniSee Mount Revealed

Last year Barco introduced UniSee, a revolutionary large-scale visualization platform designed to...

The Time is Right for Optimum Reliability: Capital-Intensive Industries and Asset Performance Management

Imagine a plant that is no longer at risk of a random shutdown. Imagine not worrying about losing...

Going Digital: The New Normal in Oil & Gas

In this whitepaper you will learn how Keystone Engineering, ONGC, and Saipem are using software t...